1. Put the fresh herbs in the bottle.
2. Then pour in the oil, making sure that the herbs are completely covered. For a more intense herbal taste, use a neutral-flavored oil such as sunflower or rapeseed oil.
3. Finally, close the bottle tightly and ensure that it is airtight, as air can cause the oil to quickly turn rancid.
4. Now wait around four weeks for the oil to absorb the herbal flavors. Ideally, leave the oil in a cool, dark place during this period.
5. When the herbs have had enough time to steep, you can start using your homemade herbal oil to season your dishes.
6. The herbal oil will keep for up to six months.