In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using the www.ricola.com website, including any country versions and subdomains (e. g. www.ricola.com/de-ch) (hereinafter referred to as "website").
Identity of the controller
Ricola AG, Baslerstrasse 31, 4242 Laufen, Schweiz
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can reach the responsible data protection officer under: Data protection officer of Ricola AG, Baslerstrasse 31, 4242 Laufen, Schweiz or under email@example.com.
Purpose and legal basis for data processing
The data processing is carried out to analyse the internet traffic of our website, to improve the functionality of our website and for advertising purposes. The processing of your data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Ricola.
Data categories and origin of data
We process the data arising from the use of our website or the data provided by yon in our website (e.g. in the context of newsletters).
Recipients of data
As far as not expressly stated below, your data will not be transferred to any third party.
Collection of personal data during informational use
We do not collect any personal data if you use this website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us to use the website – with the exception of the data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
Selected country and language
ID of the selected country
Session (until browser is closed)
Set as soon as the cookie information at the bottom of the screen is removed.
- This website uses the following transient cookies (temporary use) and persistent cookies (limited duration of use):
- Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a session ID with which different requests by your browser can be assigned to a common session. This allows for your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined amount of time that can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, and for example block third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and permit an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not matched with any other data from Google. Moreover, we have extended Google Analytics on this website using the “anonymizeIP” code. This guarantees the masking of your IP address, allowing for all data to be collected anonymously. The full IP address is only sent to a Google server in the U.S. and truncated there in exceptional cases.
- Google uses this information on behalf of the operator of this website to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide the website operator with other services related to website usage and internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies through the corresponding setting in your browser software; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their full extent.
- You can additionally prevent Google’s collection of the information generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and Google’s processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent data collection through Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection of your data during visits to this website. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
- We use Google Analytics including the functions of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allows us to analyze the activities on our pages across devices (e.g. for access from a laptop and later from a tablet). This is made possible by assigning a pseudonym user ID to a user. Such an assignment occurs, for example, when you register for a customer account or log in with your customer account. However, no personal data is forwarded to Google. Even if additional features are added to Google Analytics with Universal Analytics, this does not involve a limitation of data protection measures such as IP masking or the browser add-on.
Use of Facebook Retargeting
- On the website, we use the “Custom Audiences” retargeting function of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States (“Facebook”). Using this function, we can target visitors to the website with advertising on Facebook by having interest-related Facebook ads displayed to users of the website when they use the social network Facebook.
- The “Facebook pixel” is implemented on the website to perform this function. Using these tags, a direct connection to the Facebook servers is established when the website is visited. This will send to the Facebook server which of our web pages you have visited. Further information on the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard and options to protect your privacy can be found in Facebook’s privacy notice at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. If you do not wish Facebook to assign the data collected directly to your Facebook user account, you can deactivate the “Custom Audiences” remarketing function. To do so, you must be logged in to Facebook.
- We would be pleased to keep you informed about the latest news about Ricola and our products by way of our newsletter. To send a newsletter, we require your name and your e-mail address. You can enter both in the fields provided. After sending this data, you will receive an e-mail from us at the e-mail address you provided with a confirmation link that you must click to verify the e-mail address you provided.
- We will only store your data for the purpose of sending the newsletter.
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time and in so doing revoke permission for the further use of your data. You can withdraw from the mailing list at the end of the newsletter.
Duration of storage
Unless otherwise stated, we store usage data or other personal data as long as we deem it necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or as long as we deem it necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. We will delete your data as soon as they are no longer needed and in any case after the expiry of the legally prescribed maximum retention period.
Rights of the data subject
If the statutory requirements are met, you have the following rights:
- Right to information
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability.
In addition, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Right of appeal to the supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of your personal data is not lawful.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from being accessed by third parties. These are adjusted according to the current state of the art.
Date of Last Revision: 05.10.2017