In the following, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using the www.ricola.com website, including any country versions and subdomains (e. g. www.ricola.com/UK) (referred to below as "website").
Identity of the controller
Ricola AG, Baselstrasse 31, 4242 Laufen, Switzerland.
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can reach our data protection officer at: Data protection officer of Ricola AG, Baselstrasse 31, 4242 Laufen, Schweiz or by email to email@example.com
Purpose and legal basis for data processing
The data processing is carried out to analyse the internet traffic of our website, to improve the functionality of our website and for advertising purposes. The processing of your data is based on your consent or is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Ricola.
Kinds of personal data and where it comes from
We process personal data arising from your use of our website or which you provide to us via our website.
Recipients of personal data
We may pass your personal data:
- to other people who supply us with a service, e.g. website hosts and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website;
- to the relevant authorities if we think that this is necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act may have been committed, or we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority; and
Except for these, or as we otherwise specifically state below, your data will not be transferred to any third party.
Collection of personal data during “informational” use of our website
We do not collect any personal data if you use this website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not log in, register or otherwise transmit information to us to use the website – except data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
Remembers your selected country and language
Remembers the ID of the selected country
Session (until browser is closed)
Tells us when the cookie information at the bottom of the screen is removed.
- Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These allow for your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined amount of time that can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
- You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, for example to block third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that you may then not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and permit an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not matched with any other data from Google. Moreover, we have extended Google Analytics on this website using the “anonymizeIP” code. This guarantees the masking of your IP address, allowing for all data to be collected anonymously. The full IP address is only sent to a Google server in the U.S., and abbreviated there, in exceptional cases.
- Google uses this information on our behalf to analyze your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide us with other services related to website usage and internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies through the corresponding setting in your browser software; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their full extent.
- You can additionally prevent Google’s collection of the information generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and Google’s processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link. http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent data collection through Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection of your data during visits to this website. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again. [Note: Information on embedding the opt-out cookie can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/?hl=de#disable].
- We use Google Analytics including the functions of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allows us to analyze the activities on our pages across devices (e.g. for access from a laptop and later from a tablet). This is made possible by assigning a pseudonym user ID to a user. Such an assignment occurs, for example, when you register for a customer account or log in with your customer account. However, no personal data is forwarded to Google. Even if additional features are added to Google Analytics with Universal Analytics, this does not involve a restriction on measures designed to protect your privacy such as IP masking or the browser add-on.
Use of Facebook Retargeting
- On the website, we use the “Custom Audiences” retargeting function of Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, United States (“Facebook”). Using this function, Facebook can show you “interest-related” Facebook ads (i.e., based on your visit to our website) when you use Facebook.
- The “Facebook pixel” is used on the website for this purpose This will tell the Facebook server which of our web pages you have visited. Further information on the collection and use of data by Facebook, your rights in this regard and options to protect your privacy can be found in Facebook’s privacy notice at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ . If you do not wish Facebook to link the data collected directly to your Facebook user account, you can deactivate the “Custom Audiences” remarketing function. To do so, you must be logged in to Facebook.
Duration of storage
Unless otherwise stated, we store usage data and other personal data as long as we think necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or otherwise for the purposes for which they are processed. We will delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed and in any case after the expiry of any legally prescribed maximum retention period.
Rights of the data subject
If the legal requirements are met, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and information
- Right to rectification if there are mistakes
- Right to delete your data
- Right to restrict the processing of your data
- Right to data portability.
In addition, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal data, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more data about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: www.ico.org.uk. You may also have the right to complain to another applicable supervising authority.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from being accessed by third parties. These are adjusted according to the current state of technology.
Date of Last Revision: 9.3.2018