1. Place the baking soda, citric acid and cornstarch in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add around 20 drops of each essential oil and mix well.
3. Carefully add the water until the mixture reaches the consistency of wet sand.
4. Place ¾ of the mixture in the ice cube tray and press down well, leaving a little space at the top.
5. The rest of the mixture can then be colored as desired using food coloring.
6. Add the colored mixture to the existing mixture in the ice cube tray so that each mold is filled to the top.
7. Leave the shower melts to dry for 24 hours.
8. The shower melts can then be removed from the tray and placed on the floor of the shower while showering. The water and steam will release the essential oils and create a unique shower experience.
9. The shower melts can be stored in a sealed container for several weeks, meaning they are also perfect as gifts.