1. Crush the yeast and sprinkle with sugar.
2. Dissolve in warm water after a few minutes.
3. Now mix the flour with one teaspoon of salt.
4. Add the olive oil to the liquid, then knead with the flour mix into a smooth dough.
5. Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for around one hour.
6. Prepare the herb mix in the meantime: Then crush the cloves of garlic and mix with the sea salt, olive oil, dried herbs and pepper. Set to one side.
7. Knead the risen dough again well on a floury surface.
8. Then roll the dough into a rectangle around 1 cm thick.
9. Now spread the dough with the herb mix and roll up lengthwise.
10. Cut the rolled dough lengthwise, making sure not to cut all the way through on one side, leaving the dough closed.
11. Now carefully braid both ends of the dough together and press the ends together.
12. Leave the braided herb bread to rise for another 20 minutes.
13. Then bake in the oven at 180°C for around 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
14. Leave the herb bread to cool and enjoy. Bon appétit!