1. You need four large empty tin cans with a bottom but no lid.
2. Wash out the old tin cans and remove any labels.
3. Drill two holes opposite each other around 5–10 cm beneath the upper rim of the open side.
4. Then spray the cans with different colors of your choice on your base and leave the cans to dry for around two hours.
5. Now attach half of the string to each side.
6. Adjust the length depending on how high up the herbs should hang.
7. Then put the herb plants in the cans and hang them by or near the window where possible. The hanging herb planters are now ready.