1. First, beat the butter until soft.
2. Add the icing sugar, vanilla sugar and salt and mix well.
3. Stir in the lightly beaten egg white and then gradually add the flour.
4. Knead the dough thoroughly (ideally by hand) and form into a ball.
5. Wrap in shrink wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge and roll out to form a sheet around 2 mm thick.
7. Then refrigerate for another 15 minutes.
8. The cookies can now be easily cut into shapes of your choice and baked for 6–8 minutes at 200°C until golden brown.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool.
10. Spread the bottom cookies with caramel, sprinkle with thyme and then place the top cookies on top.
11. Sprinkle the cookies with icing sugar to decorate – and enjoy!