As well as having a negative impact on how you are feeling, stress caused by pressure in your personal and private life can weaken your immune system. Here is a simple trick to keep on top of things in your day-to-day life and combat stress: just say no. It might sound logical, but it isn’t always an easy thing to do. Here are a few tips on how to do it:
- Take the time to think things through before making a decision.
- Find out why it’s difficult for you to say no.
- Make it clear exactly what saying yes will entail.
- Permit yourself to say no when you want to.
- Learn to say no in a gentle, yet firm way.