Medicinal ingredients per lozenge: Menthol 3.74 mg, Peppermint essential oil 3.12 mg, Extract of Ricola’s herb mixture 27.74 mg: peppermint herb (mentha x piperita) 6.93 mg [1.33:1, QCE 9.22 mg], lemon balm (melissa officinalis) 6.93 mg [1.33:1, QCE 9.22 mg], thyme herb top (thymus vulgaris) 4.16 mg [1.33:1, QCE 5.53 mg], sage herb top (salvia officinalis) aerials 3.75 mg [1.33:1, QCE 4.99 mg], hyssop herb top (hyssopus officinalis) 3.75 mg [1.33:1, QCE 4.99 mg], black elder flowers (sambucus nigra) 0.69 mg [1.33:1, QCE 0.92 mg], linden flowers (tilia cordata) 0.69 mg [1.33:1, QCE 0.92 mg], wild thyme herb top (thymus serpyllum) 0.28 mg [1.33:1, QCE 0.37 mg], horehound herb top(marrubium vulgare) 0.28 mg [1.33:1, QCE 0.37 mg], high mallow leaves (malva silvestris) 0.28 mg [1.33:1, QCE 0.37 mg].
QCE = quantity crude equivalent
Non-medicinal ingredients: Sucrose, glucose syrup, caramel.
Recommended use or purpose: For the temporary relief of coughs and sore throat.
Recommended dose (Adults and children over 12 years of age): Dissolve one lozenge slowly in the mouth every 1 – 2 hours up to a maximum of 10 lozenges per day.
Duration of use: For prolonged use, consult a health care practitioner.
Cautions and warnings:
- If symptoms are severe or persist for more than 2 days or accompanied by high fever, consult a doctor.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have anaemia.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have gallstones, hiatus hernia or gastroesophageal reflux.
- Hypersensitivity / allergy is known to occur, in which case, discontinue use.
- Some people may experience gastroesophageal reflux.
Contraindications: Do not use during pregnancy or breast feeding.
Do not purchase if package is open.
All Ricola products are considered gluten free according to Health Canada regulations and are therefore suited for persons with gluten intolerance.
All Ricola products are considered lactose free according to Health Canada regulations and are suitable for persons with lactose intolerance.